Published: January 20, 2021.
Deadline for applicants: February 14, 2021.
Permanent Job Vacancy | Full Time.
Salary: £45k – £55k p.a.
- Bipsync is a fast-growing, award-winning, venture-funded SaaS company with a product thoughtfully designed to optimise research management. Our customers include global multi-billion dollar hedge funds and asset managers.
- You will join our experienced product engineering team which is based in Cardiff, Wales. We have a modern and spacious Cardiff office in Stadium Plaza, a stone’s throw from Cardiff Central train station. We also have an office in New York with the potential for international travel. We will happily consider remote applicants within the GMT timezone.
- You will be valued and trusted as you apply your skills to the development of our product. Our platform consists of several modern web applications, APIs, an iOS app, a desktop app and much more. There are constant opportunities to learn and grow.
- We offer a competitive salary, stock options and significant benefits in an exciting, supportive and flexible work environment.
- During the Covid-19 crisis, Bipsync has continued to operate as normal. We are monitoring government guidelines and are all currently working from home until it’s safe to see each other in person again.
Diversity and Inclusion
Bipsync are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to collaborate, belong, learn and grow. We recruit and reward based on capability and performance and encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We’re committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities and we value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Bipsync was founded in Silicon Valley by experienced investors and software developers.
We develop a Research Platform for professional investors, available on the web, mobile and desktop. The majority of our customers are multi-billion dollar asset managers who perform in-depth research on investment opportunities to get an edge in their investments.
The Research Management market is worth billions of dollars, but until now has been served by old-fashioned, legacy software companies. Our modern, mobile-friendly, design-focused product quickly established a foothold and reputation, and now wins over most clients when we’re up against the competition. The opportunity is massive.
We’re a fast-growing pre-IPO business with solid investment, a proven product strategy and a lucrative target market. This brings a number of benefits, including a high level of autonomy, an tightly-knitted team, and a lack of bureaucracy. The Bipsync team is driven by creative people who want to build extraordinary products for an underserved market.
About the Software Developer Role
You will join the product development team, which is responsible for all aspects of the Bipsync product. This includes web, desktop and iOS apps, a browser extension and a suite of plugins for apps like Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat. As a software developer, you will help us welcome new clients to the Bipsync platform by configuring it to their requirements and developing tools to migrate data from various external systems.
- Design elegant solutions and features.
- Write efficient, maintainable, testable code.
- Contribute your ideas.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies.
- Collaborate with the Sales and Customer Success teams to on-board new clients.
- Work with our clients to ensure they get the most out of our platform through implementation and configuration.
- Learn from your team members and teach when you can.
- Analyse customer feedback to improve features through iteration.
You are a software developer with an intuitive feel for what makes great software. You enjoy seeing code journey through the full lifecycle: from requirements gathering, specification and prototyping through to deployment and ongoing iteration. You’re a fast learner who will thrive in a rapidly evolving environment with continuous delivery and fortnightly product releases. You’re pragmatic and sensible, conscientious and tenacious.
- A relevant technical/computing degree or an equivalent technical background.
- More than three years experience in a software development role.
- Familiarity with software development best practices like version control and unit testing.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Stock options.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Genuine flexibility in working hours and option to work remotely.
- Company pension.
- Optional travel to the US.
- Cycle scheme.
- Eyewear scheme.
- Birthday celebrations, regular lunches, events, virtual socials and team nights out.
- A high spec office to enable teams to collaborate in person.
- Free tea, freshly ground coffee, fruit, snacks and goodies in our well-stocked kitchen.
How to Apply
- If even 60% of this role description sounds like you, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
- Please submit your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This position is not exclusive to any recruiters at this time, please contact us directly.
- Please feel free to send us an email with any questions.