Bipsync is a fast growing, venture-funded SaaS startup with a product thoughtfully designed to help financial organisations manage their research. Most of our customers are multi-billion dollar hedge funds and investors based in New York and we’re now looking for talented graduates to join our Quality Assurance (QA) and product team out of our modern and spacious Cardiff office in Stadium Plaza.
Our long-term work placement opportunities enable talented Cardiff University undergraduates to get hands-on experience during their degree programme. The 6 – 12 week full or part time work placements offer a unique opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, flexible and friendly start-up, and provide a competitive salary of £300 per week. Read on below to find out more and contact us if you’d like to discuss 2018-2019 opportunities.
About the Role
As a QA Engineer you’ll be responsible for ensuring the quality of our product remains high. It’s an extremely important role within the company given how essential our software is to our users. The role involves:
- Defining, planning, coding and executing tests for existing and new features and use cases.
- Testing for a wide variety of issues, including functional, visual, cross browser/platform and regressions.
- Reviewing the requirements and design of planned features to develop early test plans.
- Collaborating with the Customer Success team in New York to discover and document reproduction steps for reported issues.
- Accurately reporting and prioritising defects in our issue tracking system
- Defining and managing our software and hardware testing capabilities to ensure coverage on multiple platforms and devices.
- Substantial experience with software on various platforms, and a basic understanding of software development from a degree course or similar educational background.
- Strong communicator who can gather relevant evidence and clearly explain reproduction steps to developers.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with issue trackers like JIRA is a plus.
- Experience with scripting or automated tools like Selenium and XUnit is an advantage.
- A passion for elegant, well designed software.
What You Will Gain
- Direct experience of developing a best-in-class product on various platforms including web, iOS, Windows and Mac OS.
- The chance to be part of a small, talented team that will encourage you to develop your skills.
- Insight into how a successful VC-backed startup operates.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive pay
- Flexible working
- Free drinks, snacks and goodies
- Access to Stadium Plaza amenities, including free cinema tickets.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for 2018 applicants is March 16.
- Feel free to send us an email with any questions.
Contact us at email@example.com to find out more about our Cardiff Graduate Programme
Bipsync was founded in Silicon Valley in 2012 by experienced investors and software developers at Stanford University.
We develop a Research Management System for professional investors, available on the web, mobile and desktop. The majority of our customers are multi-billion dollar US hedge funds who perform in-depth research on investment opportunities to get an edge in their investments. The market is worth billions of dollars, but until now has been served by old-fashioned, legacy software companies. Our modern, mobile-friendly, design-focused product has quickly established a foothold and reputation, and is now considered the leading industry platform. The opportunity is massive.
We’re a fast growing pre-IPO startup with solid investment, a proven product strategy and a lucrative target market. This brings a number of benefits, including a high level of autonomy, a flat and intimate team structure, and a lack of bureaucracy. The Bipsync team is small but experienced, driven by creative people who want to build extraordinary products for an underserved market.