Bipsync is a fast growing, venture-funded SaaS startup with a product thoughtfully designed to help financial organisations manage their research. Most of our customers are multi-billion dollar hedge funds and investors based in New York and we’re now looking for talented Cardiff University graduates to join our Quality Assurance (QA) and product team out of our modern Cardiff office in Brunel House. Our Graduate and Undergraduate placements offer students the chance to get hands-on experience and build your career in a fast-paced, flexible and friendly start-up environment. We have opportunities for full-time paid placements for a Year in Industry during your undergraduate degree, and full-time career opportunities for recent graduates and are now recruiting for 2020-2021.
Diversity and Inclusion
About the Role
As a QA Engineer you’ll be responsible for ensuring the quality of our product remains high. It’s an extremely important role within the company given how essential our software is to our users. The role involves:
- Defining, planning, coding and executing tests for existing and new features and use cases.
- Testing for a wide variety of issues, including functional, visual, cross browser/platform and regressions.
- Reviewing the requirements and design of planned features to develop early test plans.
- Collaborating with the Customer Success team in New York to discover and document reproduction steps for reported issues.
- Accurately reporting and prioritising defects in our issue tracking system
- Defining and managing our software and hardware testing capabilities to ensure coverage on multiple platforms and devices.
- Substantial experience with software on various platforms, and a basic understanding of software development from a degree course or similar educational background.
- Strong communicator who can gather relevant evidence and clearly explain reproduction steps to developers.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A passion for elegant, well designed software.
What You Will Gain
- Direct experience of developing a best-in-class product on various platforms including web, iOS, Windows and Mac OS.
- The chance to be part of a small, talented team that will encourage you to develop your skills.
- A career pathway into other technical disciplines like software development and engineering.
- Insight into how a successful VC-backed startup operates.
Our Interview Process
Step 1 – APPLY ONLINE
We accept candidates from any degree background and only ask that you have a passion for the technology industry; we don’t expect you to know all of the ins and outs! Please note that we accept applications throughout the year. We will acknowledge your application straight away but it may take us a few weeks to shortlist, so please bear with us. We will always let you know the outcome of your application whether successful or not and are always happy to provide feedback to help you with future applications.
Step 2 – VIDEO INTERVIEW
You’ll complete an informal video interview so that we can find out a bit about each other. It’s equally important that Bipsync are the right fit for you too. We understand that interviews can be daunting so we’ll do our best to make you feel comfortable. We will explain what we do at Bipsync and cover our graduate and placement schemes in depth. This is a great time to ask lots of questions.We will draw up a shortlist for the final stage once all interviews have been conducted. Candidates that do not make the shortlist are encouraged to request feedback on their interview to help them with future applications.
Step 3 – TEST INTERVIEW
This final stage involves a short test to assess your skills and capabilities. The test will be given to you in advance of the actual interview, so that you are able to work on it in a less pressured environment, then you will talk through your findings with us on the day. We will aim to get back to the successful candidate within a week of completion of the final interview stage, and as with previous rounds we are always happy to provide feedback.
Contact us at email@example.com to find out more about our Cardiff Graduate Programme