Published: July 9, 2021.
Deadline for applicants: July 23, 2021.
Permanent Job Vacancy | Full Time.
Salary: 30k p.a.
- Bipsync is a fast-growing, award-winning, venture-funded SaaS company with a product thoughtfully designed to optimise research management. Our customers include global multi-billion dollar hedge funds and asset managers.
- You will join our experienced Operations team. We offer genuine flexibility in working hours and remote working opportunities, though the nature of the role requires someone in the South Wales locality. We have a modern and spacious Cardiff office in Stadium Plaza, a stone’s throw from Cardiff Central train station. We also have an office in New York with the potential for international travel.
- We are looking for a motivated and energetic People Ops Associate to work alongside the Head of People and Ops and VP of FinOps. You will work independently and in partnership towards people and culture goals.
- You will be highly organised, helping to lead on our People and HR policies, improving the team member experience, and ensuring that internal process and procedures are in line with our values.
- We offer a competitive salary, stock options and significant benefits in an exciting, supportive and flexible work environment. There are constant opportunities to learn and grow.
- During the Covid-19 crisis, Bipsync has continued to operate as normal. We are monitoring government guidelines and are able to work from home until it’s safe to see each other in person again.
Diversity and Inclusion
Bipsync are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to collaborate, belong, learn and grow. We recruit and reward based on capability and performance and encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We’re committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities and we value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Bipsync was founded in Silicon Valley by experienced investors and software developers.
We develop a Research Platform for professional investors, available on the web, mobile and desktop. The majority of our customers are multi-billion dollar asset managers who perform in-depth research on investment opportunities to get an edge in their investments.
The Research Management market is worth billions of dollars, but until now has been served by old-fashioned, legacy software companies. Our modern, mobile-friendly, design-focused product quickly established a foothold and reputation, and now wins over most clients when we’re up against the competition. The opportunity is massive.
We’re a fast-growing pre-IPO business with solid investment, a proven product strategy and a lucrative target market. This brings a number of benefits, including a high level of autonomy, a tightly-knitted team, and a lack of bureaucracy. The Bipsync team is driven by creative people who want to build extraordinary products for an underserved market.
About the People Ops Associate Role
As a People Ops Associate, it is your responsibility to ensure that all administration processes work effectively and continually improve the team member journey. You will oversee the day-to-day running of the Cardiff office and provide remote support for the New York office and UK remote workers. You will also provide a general business administration function.
While the below is not an exhaustive list of your duties, it outlines the bulk of the role on a day-to-day basis which is split between UK office management and HR. With the Head of People and Ops, the below responsibilities will be periodically reviewed in line with the changing needs of the company and ad-hoc projects will be assigned.
- Work with the Head of People and Ops to continually improve the team member journey, including learning and development, wellbeing, team culture and communication strategies.
- Act as point of contact for team members for HR-related queries, escalating where necessary, and making sure that internal people procedures are understood and followed.
- Organise regular and ad hoc team events including team lunches, birthdays, celebrations, and socials. You will be asked to occasionally help host meetups and socials after work hours.
- Arrange team travel and accommodation, and track and manage expenses and invoices, along with other administrative duties.
- Help to get new recruits up and running, including purchasing equipment and training on company policies.
- Ensure that team member information is kept up to date and accurately recorded in our HR system.
- Keep up to date on employment legislation changes and help to update policies and processes as needed and in the spirit of company values by working with Head of People and Ops and VP of FinOps.
- Provide remote support for the New York office (generally during UK office hours only) e.g. team culture administration and general business support.
- Contribute to the daily running of the Cardiff office, including general office administration.
- Liaise with service providers, recruiters, and building management, including the landlord, cleaning company, IT support, hardware engineers, maintenance, etc.
You are confident, self-motivated and tenacious. If you’re not already working in a People Ops, office manager or administrator role, you’re working in a role with a high level of organisational responsibility and know how to “get things done”.
You should have great attention to detail and be passionate about being part of a start-up where supporting an effective, efficient and comfortable environment is vital to the growing team. We are looking for someone who likes a challenge and is focused not only on the details of the role but also the bigger picture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You have the ability to communicate naturally but professionally, and you understand when and how to influence others.
- Exceptional attention to detail with a methodical approach.
- A passion for people! You are someone who is highly self-aware, self-driven, personable, and can actively listen and problem solve.
- An understanding of how to create and follow systems and optimise for efficiency and cost and look to enhance daily work life.
- Good time management, prioritisation, organisational and planning skills.
- You have a flexible, can-do attitude. You are proactive, with a roll-your-sleeves-up approach, while also enjoying some of the bigger picture aspects.
- Proficient in standard Office software packages, including Excel and Word.
- You enjoy working in a start-up environment and are eager to learn new technologies and ways of working. You also don’t mind that no two days are ever the same and are happy to wear many hats.
- People Ops, office management or administrative experience (or equivalent) is preferred.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Stock options.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Genuine flexibility in working hours and option to work remotely.
- Company pension.
- Enhanced family leave policies.
- Optional travel to the US.
- Cycle scheme.
- Eyewear scheme.
- Birthday celebrations, regular lunches, events, virtual socials and team nights out.
- A high spec office to enable teams to collaborate in person.
- Free tea, freshly ground coffee, fruit, snacks and goodies in our well-stocked kitchen.
How to Apply
- If even 60% of this role description sounds like you, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
- Please submit your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com.
- This position is not exclusive to any recruiters at this time, please contact us directly.
- Please feel free to send us an email with any questions.