Bipsync is a fast growing, venture-funded SaaS startup with a product thoughtfully designed to help financial organisations manage their research. Most of our customers are multi-billion dollar hedge funds and investors based in New York and we’re now looking for talented graduates to join our product team out of our modern Cardiff office in Brunel House. If you’re looking to get hands-on experience and build your career during your undergraduate degree programme or graduating this year and ready to become part of a fast-paced, flexible and friendly start-up environment, read on below. We have opportunities for full-time paid placements for undergraduates for between 6 – 12 months, and full-time careers for graduates.
Diversity and Inclusion
About the Role
As a Software Developer you will join the product development team, which is responsible for all aspects of the Bipsync product. This includes web, desktop and iOS apps, a browser extension and a suite of plugins. You will help define and develop new features and iterate existing ones, always taking into account end-user needs and product vision.
- Plan, prototype, build and deploy software features in collaboration with the product team.
- Create efficient, maintainable, testable code.
- Collaborate with peers on interface design, code reviews and testing.
- Coordinate with the New York business team to achieve product and company goals.
- Pragmatically analyse customer feedback and usage data to improve and iterate features.
- Graduating with a 2:1 or above in a computing focussed degree.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A passion for elegant, well designed software.
What You Will Gain
- Direct experience of developing a best-in-class product on various platforms including web, iOS, Windows and Mac OS.
- The chance to be part of a small, talented team that will encourage you to develop your skills.
- Insight into how a successful VC-backed startup operates.
Our Interview Process
Step 1 – APPLY ONLINE
We accept candidates from any degree background and only ask that you have a passion for the technology industry; we don’t expect you to know all of the ins and outs! Please note that we accept applications throughout the year. We will acknowledge your application straight away but it may take us a few weeks to shortlist, so please bear with us. We will always let you know the outcome of your application whether successful or not and are always happy to provide feedback to help you with future applications.
Step 2 – VIDEO INTERVIEW
You’ll complete an informal video interview so that we can find out a bit about each other. It’s equally important that Bipsync are the right fit for you too. We understand that interviews can be daunting so we’ll do our best to make you feel comfortable. We will explain what we do at Bipsync and cover our graduate and placement schemes in depth. This is a great time to ask lots of questions.We will draw up a shortlist for the final stage once all interviews have been conducted. Candidates that do not make the shortlist are encouraged to request feedback on their interview to help them with future applications.
Step 3 – TEST INTERVIEW
This final stage involves a short test to assess your skills and capabilities. The test will be given to you in advance of the actual interview, so that you are able to work on it in a less pressured environment, then you will talk through your findings with us on the day. We will aim to get back to the successful candidate within a week of completion of the final interview stage, and as with previous rounds we are always happy to provide feedback.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about our Cardiff Graduate Programme