Front-end Developer (Cardiff, UK) in VC-Funded, Fast-Growing Software Startup
Up to £55k plus stock options, flexible working and travel opportunities.
- Bipsync is a fast growing, venture-funded SaaS startup with a product thoughtfully designed to help financial organizations manage their research. Our customers are multi-billion-dollar financial institutions, based all over the world.
- As a Front-end Developer you’ll define and develop the core product features on a range of platforms, including web, desktop and mobile. Our full tech stack includes many modern technologies and learning opportunities, with the opportunity to work on greenfield projects atop the Bipsync platform.
- You will join our experienced product engineering team, working out of our modern and spacious Cardiff office in Stadium Plaza, a stone’s throw from Cardiff Central train station. We also have an office in New York with the potential for international travel.
- We offer a competitive salary and significant benefits in an exciting, friendly and flexible work environment. We are an equal-opportunities company that values diversity, and welcome all qualified applicants.
Bipsync was founded in Silicon Valley in 2012 by experienced investors and software developers at Stanford University.
We develop a Research Platform, built on the industry-leading RMS (Research Management System) for professional investors, available on the web, mobile and desktop. The majority of our customers are multi-billion dollar asset managers who perform in-depth research on investment opportunities to get an edge in their investments. The RMS market is worth billions of dollars, but until recently had been served by old-fashioned, legacy software companies. Our modern, mobile-friendly, design-focused product quickly established a foothold and reputation, and now wins over most clients when we’re up against the competition. The opportunity is massive.
We’re a fast growing pre-IPO startup with solid investment, a proven product strategy and a lucrative target market. This brings a number of benefits, including a high level of autonomy, a flat and intimate team structure, and a lack of bureaucracy. The Bipsync team is small but experienced, driven by creative people who want to build extraordinary products for an underserved market.
About the Front-end Developer Role
You will join the product development team, which is responsible for all aspects of the Bipsync product. This includes web, desktop and iOS apps, a browser extension and a suite of plugins.
As a Front-end developer, you will help define and develop new features and iterate existing ones, always taking into account end-user needs and product vision. You’ll enjoy a short feedback loop through our continuous integration and deployment system and our dedicated QA team will assist in validating your work.
- Plan, prototype, build and deploy software features in collaboration with the product team.
- Create efficient, maintainable, testable code.
- Collaborate with peers on interface design, code reviews and testing.
- Coordinate with the New York business team to achieve product and company goals.
- Learn from your team members and teach when you can.
- Pragmatically analyse customer feedback and usage data to improve and iterate features.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
You are an experienced web developer with an intuitive feel for what makes great software. You enjoy seeing code and feature development through the full lifecycle: from requirements gathering, specification and prototyping through to deployment and ongoing iteration. You’re a fast learner who will thrive in a rapidly evolving startup with continuous delivery and weekly product releases.
- A relevant technical/computing degree is preferred, or an equivalent technical background. Essentially we need to see some examples or documented experience that demonstrates your technical skills.
- Proven experience with source control, unit tests, continuous integration and other software development best practices.
- Knowledge of, or a willingness to learn: Backbone.js, React, Electron, Elasticsearch.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV and cover letter, together with optional code samples or GitHub URL, to email@example.com.
- This position is not exclusive to any recruiters at this time, please contact us directly if you have any queries.
- Feel free to send us an email with any questions.
A Few Work Perks and Benefits
Outdoor balcony to relax and work outside for those sunny days (they do happen in Cardiff!)
Free tea, freshly ground coffee, fruit, healthy snacks and goodies in our well-stocked kitchen
Access to the Stadium Plaza leisure amenities, with Pure Gym onsite and free cinema tickets every month.
Birthday celebrations, regular lunches, events and team nights out.
Unlimited vacation policy, flexible working opportunities and more.
Some of the best views in the city!