DevOps Engineer (Cardiff) in VC-Funded, Fast-Growing Software Startup
£40k-£50k plus stock options, flexible working and travel opportunities.
Published: May 14 2019.
Deadline for applicants: May 28 2019.
- Salary of £40k – £50k a year, depending on experience.
- Bipsync is a fast-growing, venture-funded SaaS startup with a product thoughtfully designed to optimize research management and processes for multi-billion dollar asset managers.
- This is a full-time position based out of our modern and spacious Cardiff office in Stadium Plaza, a stone’s throw from Cardiff Central train station. We also have an office in New York with the potential for international travel.
- As a DevOps Engineer you will help secure, manage and maintain our AWS infrastructure, as well as supporting Development and QA teams.
- You need to have proven experience of managing networks of Linux machines within the AWS ecosystem, ideally through the use of infrastructure-as-code tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- You should also be familiar with modern CI/CD pipeline tools like Jenkins.
- We offer a competitive salary and significant benefits in an exciting, friendly and flexible work environment. We are an equal-opportunities company that values diversity, and welcome all qualified applicants.
Bipsync was founded in Silicon Valley by experienced investors and software developers. We develop a Research Platform for professional investors, available on the web, mobile and desktop. The majority of our customers are multi-billion dollar asset managers who perform in-depth research on investment opportunities to get an edge in their investments. The Research Management market is worth billions of dollars, but until now has been served by old-fashioned, legacy software companies. Our modern, mobile-friendly, design-focused product quickly established a foothold and reputation, and now wins over most clients when we’re up against the competition. The opportunity is massive. We’re a fast-growing pre-IPO startup with solid investment, a proven product strategy and a lucrative target market. This brings a number of benefits, including a high level of autonomy, a tightly-knitted team, and a lack of bureaucracy. The Bipsync team is driven by creative people who want to build extraordinary products for an underserved market.
About the Role
You will be responsible for managing our Linux systems hosted in Amazon Web Services. You will:
- Participate in the architecture, engineering, planning, upgrade and maintenance of all infrastructure.
- Write and maintain automation scripts and tools to increase system efficiency, quality, and reduce human intervention on any task.
- Support highly available 24/7 production applications by monitoring for issues, and ultimately helping to diagnose and resolve them.
- Support our Continuous Integration system and similar internal systems.
- Work closely with the development team during the application development process to identify and implement infrastructure requirements through to deployment.
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure that our systems are cost-efficient.
- Identify, recommend and establish options for improving performance, maintainability and operability.
You are proactive, positive and relish the opportunity to work with a growing internet startup. You learn quickly and care deeply about building robust, elegant systems. You’re excited by new technologies and trends but also respect established techniques.
- A great attitude and drive to produce high quality work.
- Professional, responsive, and able to exercise sound judgement.
- Proven experience as a systems administrator, developer, or a combination thereof.
- Comfortable with troubleshooting software and hardware issues.
- An understanding of and appreciation for agile project management methodologies.
- An eagerness to learn and share.
- A patient, diplomatic character which leads you to operate in a transparent manner, able to express opinions and arguments in a measured way.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV and cover letter, together with anything you feel would be appropriate such as code samples or GitHub URL, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This position is not exclusive to any recruiters at this time, please contact us directly if you have any queries.
- Feel free to send us an email with any questions.
A Few Work Perks and Benefits
Outdoor balcony to relax and work outside for those sunny days (they do happen in Cardiff!)
Free tea, freshly ground coffee, fruit, healthy snacks and goodies in our well-stocked kitchen.
Access to the Stadium Plaza leisure amenities, with Pure Gym onsite and free cinema tickets every month.
Birthday celebrations, regular lunches, events and team nights out.
Unlimited vacation policy, flexible working opportunities and more.
Some of the best views in the city!