The Bipsync Research Management System is now on release 125. In this release we’ve ensured that all our clients are protected against attacks arising from the recently disclosed Spectre/Meltdown vulnerabilities, while continuing to advance the product with a number of new features and improvements.
Addressing Spectre and Meltdown
We’d like to reassure clients that we’re monitoring the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities and applying relevant patches to our systems as soon as they become available. We are confident that, as of this release, our infrastructure complies with the recommendations of the security community, and is not susceptible to attacks that would seek to use either of these flaws.
It’s important that our clients update their machines to include any fixes for operating systems and web browsers, to fully negate the possibility of Spectre or Meltdown posing a risk to their information security.
If you wish to discuss how we’ve guarded against these vulnerabilities in more detail, please get in touch, we’re happy to discuss the topic at your convenience.
Dashboard Editor: New “Layout Multiple” menu
We continue to add more flexibility to Bipsync’s Dashboard functionality with each release, allowing us to display your critical fund data in increasingly sophisticated ways.
A new addition to the Dashboard Editor in this release – the “Layout Multiple” menu – allows you to select multiple dashboard fields to adjust size and position and quickly make them consistent with one another. Here’s a demo of it in action:
This release also includes the following improvements to Dashboards:
- Workflow items that are related to a given Company are now shown in the corresponding Geography and GIS Industry Sector Dashboards. For example, if an investment is related to Apple, it will automatically display on the “United States” and “Information Technology” Dashboards within Bipsync.
- The Price Chart Widget now also displays the name of the ticker that is being plotted.
- The Financial Chart Widget can now display multiple stocks.
- Tasks can now be exported to a CSV file from the Task Dashboard widget.
- A new “Icon” field allows icons to be placed on a custom Dashboard.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
There are over fifty other improvements and fixes in this release. Here are some of the highlights:
- Added the ability to limit the maximum number of simultaneous web browser sessions that a user can have active at one time.
- Users can now easily view the list of their User Groups by going to Settings -> Team -> My Groups.
- Added an API endpoint to access classification data.
- The API endpoint for notes now supports querying for notes that have been tagged with given labels.
- Fixed an issue that could cause notes that were tagged to a company with a modified industry to not appear when browsing by Industry.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the pasting of HTML tables from Excel into a Note.
As usual, please get in touch with any questions about this release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the platform.