Release 186 of the Bipsync Research Management System is now available. The latest version of Bipsync includes a more robust event management view, and lots of other improvements and bug fixes.
Improved Event View
The last year has seen some significant improvements to Bipsync’s event management, particularly with regards to syncing events from external systems like Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Outlook.
With more and more clients taking advantage of this functionality, we’ve updated the event view within the app to use the same dynamic field interface that’s employed elsewhere in the application.
This makes events much more powerful, as they can now not only be tagged with various objects in the system, but can also be associated with any other type of data that is desired, from numbers, ratings, rich text and much more. These fields can also be made dependent on the values of other fields, which results in a clean interface that guides the user through the process of data entry.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- The Evernote Import feature was updated to use the Evernote Cloud SDK.
- Added a new user role, “User Manager”, which allows access to the Client Admin application.
- When syncing events, Bipsync is able to match invitees on the event with contacts in the system. This can now be disabled if desired through a new configuration option.
- An “Internal Comments” field was added to the user view in the Client Admin app.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused a date filter on the note list to not include all notes within that timeframe.
- Fixed an issue with reverting Single-Sign-On settings in the Setup app.
- Fixed an issue with some UI controls being obscured when managing Exchange Sync settings in the Setup App.
- Fixed an issue with the Mail Classifier management view which caused tagging configuration to be reset when the assigned user property was changed.
- Fixed an issue which caused .eml files mailed out of Bipsync to be corrupted.
- Fixed an issue which caused notes created via the Mail Classifier to lose formatting.
- Fixed an issue which caused disabled fields to be shown in the note list when in table view mode.
- Fixed an issue which caused fixed data lookup fields to not load their values.
- Fixed an issue which prevented Cantonese characters appearing in the filenames of exported archives.
As usual, please contact us with any questions about this release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.