Release 181 of the Bipsync Research Management System is now available. This release includes a new dashboard widget along with a substantial amount of improvements and bug fixes.
The New Item Widget
When we collaborate on dashboard design with our clients we’re often asked if there’s a way to easily create a specific item of content from a dashboard. While this has been possible for certain types of content, we’ve not before had a generic solution which can be adapted to all use cases.
The New Item Widget, which features in this release, provides just that. It can augment any other widget to allow users to quickly create any one of the types of content that Bipsync offers – notes, contacts, companies, workflow items (ideas, investments) – any object that relates to the client’s business.
These items can also be configured to receive a default set of properties when they’re created, saving more effort in the process.
As an example, picture a widget on a company’s dashboard which lists all contacts which are associated with that company. With the New Item Widget in place, it’s trivial to quickly create several contacts which are all automatically associated with that company.
If you’d like to explore adding this widget to your dashboards, please get in touch.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Excel syncing now supports list fields.
- Tasks created by rules can now be assigned to users other than the owner of the task.
- Various improvements to the ‘Test Rules’ element of the Mail Classifier feature.
- Fixed an issue which caused incorrect highlighting of letters in search results.
- Fixed an issue which caused the contact widget data export feature to not include all applicable records.
- Fixed an issue which caused some results to not appear in the tagging interface.
- Fixed an issue which caused some fields’ data to not be visible on screen.
- Fixed an issue which caused notes listed in table format to not be navigable with the cursor keys.
- Fixed an issue with velocities not being populated for all stages within funnels on dashboards.
- Fixed an issue which meant that field history obtained via the API could not include fields whose values are percentages.
- Fixed an issue with Sharable In-Note Components which caused a misleading tooltip to appear.
As usual, please contact us with any questions about this release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.