Release 179 of the Bipsync Research Management System is now available. This release adds a useful new search feature as well as a few other improvements and bug fixes.
“Go-to” interface for Search Tokens
For a while we’ve supported clicking on a token in the tagging interface to display a menu which allows you to jump straight to that token’s dashboard.
Now we’ve added this to the tokens displayed in the search bar too:
Widget field name prefixes
Many of our widgets, such as the Related Contacts widget, allow additional data for each item to be displayed. Much of this data comes from field values, and prior to this release it was sometimes hard to identify which field was which because they were not labelled.
Now, it’s possible to add labels to these fields so it’s clear what they relate to. For example, in this Related Contacts widget we have labelled the “Company” and “Expertise” fields.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Improved the performance and stability of our custom spellchecker.
- The spellchecker can now be optionally configured to highlight all text that doesn’t match a known word, as opposed to highlighting only spelling suggestions.
- Added a date-picker control to the custom report UI.
- Users who have yet to create research are no longer listed under Properties ➝ Authors.
- When searching, enclosing search within quotes results in exact matches for that phrase being returned.
- Introduced optional configuration which can prevent notes created within a certain context from being automatically tagged with that context.
- Disabled rules are visually indicated as such in the rule list.
- The tagging interface is now immediately updated when a note is reverted to a previous version.
- Pipeline items can now be returned (via a button) to the beginning of the pipeline once they have reached its end.
- Improved the performance of the tree picker component.
- Fixed an issue which prevented a Mail Classifier mailbox from being deleted.
- Fixed an issue which caused user groups with long names from exceeding their allotted space in the sharing menu.
- Fixed an issue with the alignment of fields within related item widgets.
- Fixed an issue which could cause some items to not be available for tagging to Events.
- Fixed an issue which could cause some items to not be available for tagging within the Web Clipper interface.
As usual, please contact us with any questions about this release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.