The Bipsync Research Management System is now on release 121. Along with the usual improvements and bug fixes we’ve also responded to a few client requests.
Revamped Global Filters
Bipsync’s Global Filters make it quick and easy to show only the notes which apply to a certain context, such as ‘Only My Notes’, or only notes that have been shared with a specific User-Group.
In this release we’ve made Global Filters more powerful:
- Added the ability to globally filter by Author. This is a useful way to only see notes written by a particular analyst. We also apply the filter to other content such as tasks and events.
- Filters can now be combined. Multiple User-Groups or Authors can now be added to a filter – Bipsync will display all research that applies to any one of them.
- Added support for negative filters. Simply type a minus sign before a group/author name to filter out all notes that apply to that context.
To apply a Global Filter, access the menu from the Bipsync icon in the top-left:
Emailed and Clipped Notes are Marked as Unread
We introduced the ability to mark notes as read and unread in release 118, this latest release sees notes that are emailed or clipped into Bipsync marked as unread by default for the user that created them.
Notes created in Bipsync’s productivity environment (via the iOS, desktop, or web apps) will continue to be automatically marked as read for authors. This provides Bipsync users with a valuable ‘read it later’ app functionality.
Bipsync makes it simple to retrieve, read and share research with others, which is why many clients use the system to store interesting web pages or emails from the sell-side to ‘curate’ information. However, this type of content may not always be relevant for compliance reporting purposes. We were asked by a client if we could add an option to exclude such research data from compliance reports to remove clutter – as of this release that is now possible.
New Keyboard Shortcuts
We’ve added additional keyboard shortcuts which allow users to apply highlighting to note text, or to change its color:
- Pressing Ctrl-H will apply highlighting to a selected block of text
- To apply a color change:
- Select some text which has the desired color style
- Press Ctrl+F to copy that style
- Select the text which is to be changed
- Press Ctrl+Shift+F to apply the style to the selection
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- The rendering of company lists is now optimized to improve the speed of scrolling through long lists of companies.
- Fixed an instance where marking a completed task as incomplete could cause it to not show up in certain lists.
- Dozens of other improvements and fixes.
As usual, please get in touch with any questions about this release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the platform.