Release 158 of the Bipsync Research Management System is out now. In this release we introduce a new read-only user role, along with the usual improvements and bug fixes.
The ability for users to view and audit, but not change or create, research content and investment data has been frequently discussed with our clients. There are clear uses for such a role across organisations for those that value consuming, but not creating, content – from compliance staff to research associates.
We’re pleased to introduce that feature in this release, in the form of a new read-only role which can be applied to any user in the system.
Users with this role will be able to use our web app and our iOS app, with have access to all the research, contacts, and custom data types that have been shared with them.
However they will not have the ability to edit or delete this content; nor will they be able to create new records.
This allows an organization to grant certain employees access to Bipsync with the confidence that their involvement is limited to the extent required by their function.
It’s applicable from our Client Admin app, and it is also supported by our recently released User Provisioning feature. This means it can automatically be applied according to the roles that a user has been assigned in their single-sign-on solution – ADFS, for example.
If you’d like to learn more about how you could enable, or take advantage of this feature, please get in touch.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed a display issue when viewing the app on an iPad.
- Expanded the capabilities of the API’s label endpoint.
- Improved the accuracy of the web app search when matching on words in the body of notes.
- Search indexing speed has been quadrupled.
- Added an API endpoint for Bipsync’s location data.
- Fixed an issue which prevented data lookup fields being rendered in PDF exports.
- Added “user type” as a column to the user grid in the Client Admin app.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and performance improvements.
As usual, please contact us with any questions about this release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.