Release 174 of the Bipsync Research Management System is now available, including a new field and file features along with numerous other improvements and bug fixes.
Field Value Templates
Field values can now be wrapped in a template text block, for example a URL. The value is substituted for a placeholder within the template when the field is displayed within the app.
This approach allows us to easily link to other destinations and applications. For example, on a Contact dashboard we can link to an address in Google Maps, or on an Investment dashboard we can link to that investment’s entry in a portfolio management system.
Convert Attachments To Research Files
Files which have been attached to Notes can now be converted to standalone documents in their own right, via an option on the attachment’s context menu:
Your file now exists in Bipsync as a stand-alone object, with any tags or classifications (such as file type) you wish to add, as well as an attachment to the original note for added context.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- In-app file previews now support audio files.
- The ordering of classifications in search results now matches their order in the navigation area.
- Improved search performance.
- Expanded the types of content that can be weighted within search results.
- Reports can now be delivered to configurable locations such as SFTP folders or AWS S3 buckets.
- Introduced a new filter, “Notes with comments”.
- Reports can now be opened from the Quick Open menu.
- Users can now be notified via an in-app notification when a requested report becomes available.
- API: Added the ability to filter content by the date it was last updated.
- API: Added the
subnameproperty to Category responses.
- API: Added the ability to filter tasks by the date they were created / last updated.
- Fixed an issue where notes with tables created in Microsoft Word could sometimes have missing cell borders.
- Fixed an issue which prevented stage filters on project grids from being persisted.
- Fixed an issue causing some matched words to not be highlighted in search results.
As usual, please contact us with any questions about this release, or if you have any feedback or suggestions about the Bipsync platform.