Today we released version 1.14.0 of the Bipsync Notes iOS app. This release marks the introduction of a feature that many of our users have been waiting for: an action extension that allows web pages to be clipped as notes into Bipsync. We’ve long offered such a feature for the desktop but this is the first time it’s been available on iOS.
The new iOS web clipper function will prove useful to anyone who consumes research on their mobile device; any articles that look interesting can be quickly saved to Bipsync to be read or referred to later.
We do have a little way to go before we achieve feature parity with the desktop clipper, which has the added ability to allow users to edit the clipped note’s title and sharing settings, and will also try to take a screenshot of articles on troublesome sites as a fallback option, should clipping not work. We plan to support all this in the iOS clipper over time, and will be continuing to improve its functionality over coming releases.
To enable the clipping function, follow these steps:
- Go to Share Menu. You’ll find the new Bipsync clipper extension listed under ‘More…’ and switch the button to green to enable the extension.
2. The ‘Clip to Bipsync’ option is now enabled and will be visible in the Share Menu. Simply tap the icon to clip the web page directly into Bipsync.
3. Your web page is now saved in Bipsync. You can view your clipped content in the iOS app as normal.
As a festive gift for the holidays we’ve also included a Bipsync iMessage sticker pack in the release. iMessage stickers provide a fun set of images to include in your messages, and ours are inspired by the world of hedge funds.
So, the next time you want to tell your PM to go long on Apple, or the other the analysts in your pod that you’re heading to the gym before work, you might find that Bipsync’s sticker pack comes in very handy.
To enable the sticker pack, follow these steps:
- Open the App Store via your Messages app, and switch Bipsync on to enable the iMessage sticker pack.
2. When you head back into Messages, your Bipsync sticker pack will be ready and raring to go. Select from the set of 12 fund inspired images and message away!
Finally, this release also addresses a number of bugs which sometimes caused the app to crash. We hope you enjoy these additions to the app; we’ve plenty more exciting things planned for 2017, so stay tuned!