Published: September 1, 2020.
Deadline for applicants: September 30, 2020.
We’re looking for a User Interface Designer to work with our team of developers to evolve the design of our cloud-based Research Management platform.
This is a 2 week contract to start ASAP, paying £300-350 per day.
- Bipsync is a fast-growing, venture-funded SaaS startup with a product thoughtfully designed to optimise research management. Our customers are global multi-billion dollar hedge funds and asset managers.
- Our product consists of several application interfaces across web, iOS and desktop.
- We’re looking for a User Interface Designer to work with our team of developers in South Wales to evolve and improve the design of our Research Management System.
- This is a fixed term role and we are able to consider people who would be working 100% remotely – but it would be an advantage to be in a timezone close to the UK.
- We are an equal-opportunities company that values diversity and welcomes all qualified applicants.
- Deliver design enhancements for main web application, considering the wider platform;
- Effectively communicate design processes, ideas and solutions to the wider business;
- Iterate on Bipsync’s application design, maintaining existing brand guidelines;
- Design recommendations should cover all topics such as but not limited to: palette(s), font(s), iconography and consistency;
- Design a dark theme with potential to use additional themes;
- Empower developers to help create a robust and long-lasting design-system.
- Portfolio of work readily available alongside CV;
- Experience with industry standard design tools (eg. e.g. Sketch, Creative Cloud, Balsamiq, Figma, Framer X or InVision Studio);
- A solid understating of UI/UX fundamentals;
- Previous experience designing large cloud-based applications;
- Experience of designing and delivering wireframes and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces;
- A good awareness of corporate branding, layout, colour theory and typography in digital media;
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills with an adaptable and positive attitude;
- Excellent presentation and communications skills;
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise your workload under pressure, meeting deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Proven experience of keeping up-to-date on the latest thinking in the world of design.
Optional but advantageous:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Graphic Design or related field;
- Knowledge of accessibility standards (e.g. WCAG);
- Experience performing user research to discover user needs;
- Usability testing to iterate digital product designs.
Existing Design and Our Approach:
User Experience as at the heart of what we do – we’ve worked closely with clients to iterate the product interface to ensure every new feature, workflow, icon and click matches the productivity needs of today’s modern funds and their professional investors.
We strive to bring an accessible/friendly user-focused interface design to an underserved industry, where this focus is typically lacking.
This blog post details how we got to our current design:
This project is all about freshening the app for our existing/long-term users and keeping up with modern design trends (without being too faddy!). For details on how to apply, see below.